What The Sequel Told Me
- Romance is superficial and in Part 2/Book 2 (or 3 or 4 even), the protagonist will move on from that love interest we spent an hour and a half or 400 pages rooting for.
- Villains can (and will) survive falls from great heights or explosions.
- The follow on story doesn’t need to make an iota of sense if the fan base is forgiving, especially if the protagonist is a good-looking teenage superhuman (I will refrain from naming only vampires).
- Real life divas, beware the wrath of the director (lesson learnt from Transformers).
- Lead actors, beware the might of sales figures (lesson learnt from Hulk).
- And as we all know, sometimes it’s better to stop at one.
Note – What The Sequel Told Me 2, coming in the near future.